Apparently the recent introduction of new data rates by MTN Nigeria isn't a one off or promotion as initially thought.
Going by the *131# data subscription menu, MTN has either slashed the cost of its data services or increased the amount of data offered. For instance the entry N100 daily plan which used to offer just 10MB of data has been increased to 30MB, the N200 daily plan has also been increased to 100MB from 50MB. The weekly bundle priced at N500 has also been increased to 750MB from 150MB. The same applies to the monthly bundles, N1000 which used to get you 260MB now gets you 1.5GB while the N2000 now gets you 3.5GB as opposed to 1.5GB before now.
For a list of the revised data plans, their cost and subscription codes do see the list below.
DAILY PLAN (VALID FOR 24 HOURS)
1. 30MB at N100, SMS 104 to 131 or Dial *131*104#
2. 100MB at N200, SMS 113 to 131 or Dial *131*113#
WEEKLY PLAN (VALID FOR 7 DAYS)
3. 750MB at N500, SMS 103 to 131 or Dial *131*103#
MONTHLY PLANS (VALID FOR 30 DAYS)
4. 1.5GB at N1000, SMS 106 to 131 or Dial *131*106#
5. 3.5GB at N2000, SMS 110 to 131 or Dial *131*110#
6. 10GB at N5000, SMS 116 to 131 or Dial *131*116#
7. 22GB at N10000, SMS 117 to 131 or Dial *131*117#
QUATERLY PLANS (VALID FOR 3 MONTHS)
8. 50GB at N20000, SMS 118 to 131 or Dial *131*118#
9. 85GB at N50000, SMS 133 to 131 or Dial *131*133#