Nokia is officially back to the smartphone market with the Nokia 6 Android smartphone
The Nokia 6 is a midrange device with a 5.5inch 1080p diplay and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa-core processor. The Nokia 6 packs dual speaker setup with smart dual amplifier chips (TFA9891), in addition to a 16MP/8MP camera combo with phase detection autofocus and dual tone LED flash, fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button, a hybrid dual SIM slot and a microSD slot all packed in an aluminium unibody.
The midrange Nokia 6 Android smartphone is a product of Nokia's partnership with HMD Global and is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 245). Presently the Nokia 6 seems to be available in only black.
While it's great to have Nokia back it's doubtful that the Nokia 6 would be the device that would put Nokia back on the map considering that it is seems a bit overpriced for Chinese market (there are a myriad of better speced devices from the likes of Xiaomi and Meizu available at half the price. You can check out the rest of the specifications of the Nokia 6 below.
- DIMENSIONS: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- DISPLAY: 5.5 inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 450 nits brightness
Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
(4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor
Adreno 505 GPU
- MEMORY: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- SOFTWARE:Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- CAMERA:16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- CONNECTIVITY: 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG, Dual SIM
- OTHERS: Fingerprint sensor
- BATTERY: 3000mAh built-in battery